Saturday, April 9, 2011

Affliction Warlock Cataclysm Talents and Glyphs

Welcome to my basic talent/glyph guide on picking a good spec for your affliction warlock aka the afflock. I also PVP alot with my afflock but in this post I will talk about the PVE spec.
For people who don't know this, playing an afflock is all about the dots and more dots!

Talents:

The following image will give the core spec I use for PVE:






At this stage there's 3 points left to spend. I recommend to spend these in either of the following:


  • Demonology tree ->Fel Synergy, this will heal your pet for you. Personally I use this since a warlock's pet is very important and it gives you more time to focus on your dots!
  • Demonology tree ->Demonic Embrace, to me this is more a talent for PVP but if your healers struggle this is an option to make their life a bit easier.
  • Affliction tree -> Improved Fear, this talent is pretty situational but it can help out to CC. Can't deny there's alot of CC-ing going on in Cata.
  • Affliction tree: Curse of Exhaustion, this again I mostly consider a PVP talent but it can come in handy when you need to kite something or slow some mobs down.
  • Affliction tree: Improved Howl of Terror, again a PVP talent which can add a bit more CC. Situational and I wouldn't really recommend this for PVE since it's more of an "o shit" button and PVE requires controling mobs.
Basically I would go with Fel Synergy and one point in Improved fear. If you lack CC or deal with struggling healers maybe some of the other talents will suit your personal situation better. Now we got our spec down I'm moving on to your best glyphs.


Glyphs:

Prime Glyphs:
  • Glyph of Corruption, this is definatly a must have glyph. Your corruption is pretty much your bread and butter spell and will be allover the place fighting multiple targets. More instant shadow bolts yay!
  • Glyph of Lash of Pain, Succubus is your pet to use and this will increase it's damage. What else can I say...
  • Glyph of Haunt, haunt is also a very important spell you will be trying to keep up at all time. More bonus damage from your haunt(increases your the damage your shadow over time effects do..and we are all about that...lucky locks) we love that extra bonus damage!
So yea your prime glyphs are pretty obvious. I would just stick with these 3.


Now for Major Glyphs I use:

These aren't as straight forward but let's take a look at them.
  • Glyph of Soul Swap, this I consider a must have since you will encounter multiple targets alot of times and it's one of the tools that makes a Dotters life a bit easier.
  • Glyph of Shadow Bolt, this is what you want to be spamming in between putting your DOTS on so a very important glyph.
Now for a third glyph there's some options:

  • Glyph of Fear, I personally use this one so you get some extra control over your CC. It's a situational thing tho..
  • Glyph of Life Tap, pretty usefull when you need more mana.
Now there's some discussion going on what spell to use between putting your DOTS on. Either Shadow Bolt or Drain Life. If your go with Drain Life you don't want to use the Glyph of Shadow Bolt. I would go with throwing Shadow Bolt's tho..


Minor Glyphs:

Can't help you with picking these...warlocks just don't have alot of sexy minor glyphs...Pick whatever you like. I'm mostly fond of glyphs that allow you to cast spells without reagents, this saves up some gold and some more empty bag space!

No comments:

Post a Comment